Suspected Packages

Kévin Raymond shaiton at fedoraproject.org
Tue Feb 28 00:16:41 UTC 2012

On Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 7:05 AM, Noriko Mizumoto
<noriko.mizumoto at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The list of suspected packages has been reported in the f17 readiness
> meeting. Now it is found that we need to contact on these projects
> individually by our own. It will be big job...sigh*.
>
> Quickly checked with the list of shaiton.
> There are 12 packages which have no maintainer registered. Rest are the
> packages which have not updated over four months.
> * python-meh
> * fedora-desktop-backgrounds
> * redhat-menus
> * sos
> * s-c-bind
> * s-c-firewall
> * s-c-keyboard
> * s-c-lvm
> * s-c-password
> * s-switch-java
> * s-switch-mail
>
> I hope I can find some time for sending mail to those projects owners
> next week. Any help or suggestion will be highly appreciated.
>
> noriko

Hi,
FYI I've found other problems…
Please read https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Shaiton/trans#Grouping_projects_on_the_hub_or_transifex_release

Once the fist list would be cleaned (suspected package), I'll be able
to remove those from the Fedora releases (fedora-docs, fedora-main…)
or ask maintainers to bloc translations. Only for deprecated projects
of course.

I think we should also add active projects to the corresponding
release in order for them to be accessible.
What is the real difference between fedora-main and fedora-uptream-projects?

Cleaning on the way, any help welcome :)

--
Kévin Raymond
(shaiton)