The list of Fedora child projects on Transifex is such a long one

Kévin Raymond shaiton at fedoraproject.org
Thu Mar 8 15:05:36 UTC 2012

On Thu, Mar 8, 2012 at 3:45 PM, Cheng-Chia Tseng <pswo10680 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Recently, the list of child projects for a language has become such a
> verbose one.
>
> We cannot easily identify which projects are Fedora centric ones,
> which are upstream projects, and which are Websites, Docs, Red Hat,
> etc.
> Plus, the "Show resources from:" dropdown filter is not useful because
> it lists all of the projects instead of categories.
>
> It is so much inconvenient for translators to pick up those projects
> we want to emphasize on recently, mostly fedora centric ones, such as
> ABRT, Anaconda, system-config tools...
>
> Furthermore, if I use "Last update" to sort the projects, I will be
> returned to a list sorted by progress after I click on child project
> and goes back.
> I have to sort it again to search for the next one below which I have
> just translated, and keep waiting Transifex to give me a new list.
>
> It is none sense to let translators keep searching and waiting the
> listed child projects every time they want to translate.
>
> To be frankly, the old infrastructure fedora hosted which categorized
> well is more easy to help us translate fedora.
>
> I am so amazed by this new feature.
>
> --
> Sincerely,
> by Cheng-Chia Tseng

Hi,

I agree there could still be some improvement, but actually you should
use fedora releases.
The fedora Hub[1] aggregate all its child projects, the one reusing
the Fedora Project teams. This are the most important to us.
Then, you have some releases which should be the entry point for one
to translate resources. Those are actually spread in 4 releases:

* Fedora Documentation[2], which should hold all docs.fpo content
* Fedora Main[3], projects like anaconda, abrt
* Fedora Upstream Projects[4], projects like yum
* Fedora Websites[5], all *.fpo websites

Using the appropriated release, that's easier to find a project.
Of course, if a project has EPEL and Fedora Resource, only the Fedora
one should be on the Fedora-{main,upstream} release. So if you really
care about this project, you need to got to its direct link, to see
all resources available. I have personally not yet found an easy link
to it…

Please, mind that projects under a release are set manually, I've
started to clean things[6], help is highly appreciated.

[1] https://fedora.transifex.net/projects/p/fedora/access/outsource/
[2] https://fedora.transifex.net/projects/p/fedora/r/fedora-docs/
[3] https://fedora.transifex.net/projects/p/fedora/r/fedora-main/
[4] https://fedora.transifex.net/projects/p/fedora/r/fedora-upstream-projects/