Self-Introduction: Nik Kalach, Interlingua

Nik Kalach nik.kalach at inbox.ru
Thu Sep 20 04:45:02 UTC 2012

Name: Nik Kalach
Location: Moscow, RU
Login: nikka
Language: Interlingua
About You: Hi, I am working in engineering company and dealing with clients and partners
   in some Latin American and Asian countries. I have to communicate with people speaking
   many different languages and not all of them are fluent in English.
   It made me interested in Interlingua, a language derived from common vocabulary of
   English, French, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Russian and German languages and
   having a grammar based on a minimal subset of the grammatical features of the source
   languages but without their irregularities. As a result, people fluent in Western European
   languages can understand texts in Interlingua without studying the language.
   It makes me think that Interlingua can play a role of an auxiliary language of the
   Fedora Documentation project.
You and the Fedora Project: I have been using Fedora as my favourite desktop for a long time.
   I would like to create Interlingua translation team and become a maintainer of this
   language in the Fedora l10n team, Bugzilla and Transifex. I am Interlingua maintainer on
   Zanata already. As my first contribution, I have prepared the translation of the Publican
   resources to Interlingua. I hope it will be easier to submit Interlingua translations
   after we create Interlingua L10N team.