Badges for Translators

tiansworld tiansworld at fedoraproject.org
Thu Aug 22 02:28:57 UTC 2013

> El mié, 21-08-2013 a las 19:45 -0400, Eric H. Christensen escribió:
> > I just suggested several badges[0] for Docs members who write and
> publish guides.  Translators have just as much of a role in getting the
> words out but since they aren't committing to Docs repos or publishing they
> aren't going to be included in our Badges (unless they publish their own
> texts).  I think there might be a way to count translated lines in
> Transifex and use that number as a way to calculate a Badge reward.
>  Rewarding translators for a certain number of lines translated I think
> would be good but I don't know how many lines we should reward for.

+1
I think the key point is how to calculate the translated lines. For
example, will we calculate the lines per release cycle or on the whole?

>  >
> > There could be three (or more) badges that represent an easy reward
> (apprentice), an intermediate reward (journeyman), and then a high reward
> (expert).  Any thoughts on the number of lines for each?  If someone would
> like to recommend a badge[1] (instead of me) that is fine with me.

On Thu, Aug 22, 2013 at 7:58 AM, Alejandro Pérez <
alejandro.perez.torres at gmail.com> wrote:

> Erick,
>
> On amount of lines I think it can 1-100, 101-500, 501-1000 or more the
> labels. But more experience translators and team coordinators should
> have a better idea.

+1
100/500/1000 seems to be a reasonable number.
Better number can be made if someone can do a statistic analysis to find
out average translated lines per contributor. But I guess that this would
be a huge work.

--
Regards,

Tiansworld