FUEL translation now available on Zanata!

Mon Aug 26 12:16:34 UTC 2013

On Mon, Aug 26, 2013 at 4:01 PM, Rajesh Ranjan <rajesh672 at gmail.com> wrote:
> But TWN as well as Zanata community can push the translation till the date
> we are not going for the evaluation of the mobile module for Hindi language.
> So assume, if both TWN and Zanata contributions are pushed in fuel.git, then
> we will have four versions of translations for fuel-mobile module in Hindi
> language. And it would be easier during the evaluation meet to decide from
> different choices and the working community can choose the best after
> discussion.

As FUEL upstream, I am sure that you know better. What I did found odd were:

- an announcement that did not explain about the "additional location" concept
- a plan that was not clearly articulated on the list for the upstream project
- a method that has an eerie resemblance with Mozilla and its multiple
entry points to translation for the same locale/language

The "Mozilla method" had the seeds of forming splinter communities of
contributors instead of the tools providing an unified platform. That
was the scary downside.

--
sankarshan mukhopadhyay
<https://twitter.com/#!/sankarshan>