FUEL translation now available on Zanata!

Jared K. Smith jsmith at fedoraproject.org
Tue Sep 3 01:24:44 UTC 2013

> Now, traditionally, FLSCo, the Fedora Board and, the FPL have not been
> tremendously active when it comes to language related issues (contrast
> the involvement with FESCo). So, if you did elect to have default
> opt-in as a FLSCo representative, there was perhaps a requirement of a
> FLSCo meeting.

To be perfectly honest, for the entire time I was the FPL, I had no idea
that the FLSCo was still operating as a steering committee.  I saw lots of
conversations on this list and tried my best to help interact with the
people working on translations, but didn't ever see any evidence of FLSCo
operating as a steering committee -- no meetings or recorded minutes, no
elections, no messages to the Fedora Board, nothing.  The Fedora wiki shows
the last recorded meeting in 2009, and the last elections in 2008. Am I
missing something here?

Had I known there was a working FLSCo at the time, I certainly would have
reached out and been more actively involved.

--
Jared Smith