FUEL translation now available on Zanata!

Dimitris Glezos glezos at transifex.com
Tue Sep 3 01:47:42 UTC 2013

There is no FLSCo. We never really had the manpower to properly
operate a SCo. The last 'proper' committee meeting was mid-2008, more
than 5 years ago.

Practically and historically, some of the active people act as
spokespeople for different groups: Piotr and recently Kevin Raymond
for the Fedora community, Noriko for Red Hat translators and myself
and Diego for tools. Which is fine -- it's actually how free software
usually works.

Jared, your help was very useful, thank you for stepping in.

-d

On Mon, Sep 2, 2013 at 6:24 PM, Jared K. Smith <jsmith at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> wrote:
>>
>> Now, traditionally, FLSCo, the Fedora Board and, the FPL have not been
>> tremendously active when it comes to language related issues (contrast
>> the involvement with FESCo). So, if you did elect to have default
>> opt-in as a FLSCo representative, there was perhaps a requirement of a
>> FLSCo meeting.
>

> To be perfectly honest, for the entire time I was the FPL, I had no idea
> that the FLSCo was still operating as a steering committee.  I saw lots of
> conversations on this list and tried my best to help interact with the
> people working on translations, but didn't ever see any evidence of FLSCo
> operating as a steering committee -- no meetings or recorded minutes, no
> elections, no messages to the Fedora Board, nothing.  The Fedora wiki shows
> the last recorded meeting in 2009, and the last elections in 2008. Am I
> missing something here?
>
> Had I known there was a working FLSCo at the time, I certainly would have
> reached out and been more actively involved.
>
> --
> Jared Smith

Dimitris Glezos
Founder & CEO, Transifex