Self-Introduction: Shaydi - Afrikaans(af)

Shaydi America shaydi.america at gmail.com
Sun Feb 2 21:47:30 UTC 2014

Name: Shaydi America
Location: Cape Town, South Africa
Login: Shaydi
Language: Afrikaans
Profession or Student status: Graphic Designer
About You: I just started a project called N.E.R.D. that introduces
unemployed youth from disadvantaged backgrounds to free and open,
online courses. To build on this project I'd like to introduce them to
open source software and also guide them in contributing. Each and
every person in this group speaks Afrikaans as either a first or
second language so I thought translating Fedora into Afrikaans might
be the perfect project for us to tackle.
You and the Fedora Project: I feel most comfortable in assisting with
Localisation but if I had to partake in other projects I would
probably take on the ambassador and marketing projects as Fedora has
no one promoting it in my area (actually not even in my country) so
that would be a nice challenge and would also fall in with my plans to
introduce my community to open source software.
GPG KEYID and fingerprint: Will update this on my profile.