Source string contextualization

Nilamdyuti Goswami ngoswami at redhat.com
Fri Jan 24 12:22:31 UTC 2014

Hi all,

While translating some of the fedora packages we often come across some
source strings whose context or meaning is not clear. This results in
wrong translations which is discovered later while using the actual
application. This in turn effects the concerned application.

To solve this issue, we have formed a Fedora SIG named "Source String
Contextualizing Group" [1] aimed at
providing concise yet meaningful description of the concerned source
strings in the source code itself to ensure the correctness and quality
in the resulting translations.

We welcome feedback and suggestions.

Regards,
Nilamdyuti Goswami