Fedora names not to be translated

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Fri Nov 7 21:39:59 UTC 2014

On Fri, Nov 07, 2014 at 12:13:54PM +0200, Besnik Bleta wrote:
> On 11/07/2014 06:14 AM, Tommy He wrote:
> >Hi Matthew,
> >
> >I saw you use the word "recommendation", not “request”. :)
> >Thus would you mind forwarding our concerns to Legal team, please?
> >
> >If the result came back as untranslatable, can you please add a comment
> >to po file for the strings?
>
> That helps, but not always. Translators do not check every single string for
> comments. They refer to them only when stuck.
>
> It would be better to compile a list and publish it for all such terms.
>
> Cheers,
> Besnik
>

> P.S. Having them as variables is an known practice, but I'm afraid I'm
> asking too much for now...

Would this be doing something like this in the templates?

func{_('Try out %s') % ('Fedora Workstation')}

Don't pay attention to actual syntax, just an example.  I'm not
referring to actual web content at this precise moment.  In the
example, translators would receive 'Try out %s' to translate.
Correct?