Guide maintainers & Zanata migration (was: Can we start working in Zanata?)

Petr Kovar pkovar at redhat.com
Thu Jan 15 16:59:58 UTC 2015

On Thu, 15 Jan 2015 07:57:35 -0700
Pete Travis <me at petetravis.com> wrote:

> On 01/13/2015 10:11 PM, Noriko Mizumoto wrote:
> > (2015年01月14日 03:20), William Moreno wrote:
> >> Hi
> >>
> >> For example the Sys Admin Guide is now in Zanata:
> >>
> >> https://fedora.zanata.org/iteration/view/system-administrators-guide/master/languages/es
> >>

> >> Is it safe to start working now? or we need to wait something more
> >> before we can start translating in Zanata
> >
> > Pete, Petr and Docs team
> >
> > The migration for all documentation to Zanata has been completed.
> > Could we start translating them?

Thanks a lot for your hard work, Noriko and the Zanata team! I think
the data migration phase went really smooth and I'm glad that, thanks
to your help, we could avoid doing things manually.

> > Otherwise if any document you wish not to be touched, could you please
> > set them read-only?

Right, this should be decided by individual guide maintainers.

Guide maintainers, could you please reply in this thread or reach out to me
directly once you set up your account in Zanata so that I add you as
maintainers for your guides?

Also, we will need to add a zanata xml config file for each guide to the
guide's repo. I can help with that.

If you think your guide is not ready for translation, please let this
group know so that we can set the project as read-only.

> >> William Moreno Reyes
> >> http://about.me/williamjmorenor
> >>

> In a general sense, these should be ready to translate.  However, it's
> probably the strings for the previous release in many cases, sometimes
> too previous to be relevant.  I took so long to reply because I wanted
> to sit down and push fresh strings, but have not yet had time. I'll try
> to do that over the weekend.
>
> Actually, now that I'm poking around, I see I am not listed as a
> maintainer for many of these guides. Petr or Noriko, can you please add
> me as a maintainer so I can help cycle strings?

Added, thanks for looking into this, Pete.

I also added you as a maintainer for the Release and Technical Notes. Let
me know if you want me to add you to others. For now, I just quickly went
through https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docs_Project_guides_table

Thank you,
pk