Printing with Z35.

Jason Crowder jcrowder at uwyo.edu
Sat Dec 6 23:57:41 UTC 2003

I have a Linux computer as our main server for the home network.

On the network, I have a windows laptop that connects to the
Internet through the Linux server.

Connected to the Linux server is a Lexmark Z35 printer via USB
connection.

I can install the Lexmark drivers for Linux and print to this printer
just fine from the server, but the Windows laptop can not print through
Linux to the printer.  I can set up the printer on Windows as text-only
and it seems to print--but without any color.

On the other hand, I have VMware installed on Linux, running Win2k.  I
can share the printer with the WMware program, which allows the Windows
laptop to print OK but the Linux server can't print through the VMWare
to get to the printer, nor can it print directly to the printer since
VMWare is using the USB port.

Any ideas on how to get both computers to print to the printer at the
same time?