WINDOWMAKER-FLUXBOX

James Jones jamesjones01 at mchsi.com
Sun Dec 21 03:37:15 UTC 2003

James Jones wrote:

> Thanks very much for the advice. I will followup with the results I get.

OK. I created the startfluxbox script, changing the path to fluxbox
itself to fit
where the Fedora RPM puts it, and also adding /usr/share/fluxbox/startup
which wasn't there but which startfluxbox references. I put the "export
LC_ALL=C"
in /usr/share/fluxbox/startup.

That done, and with a .xsession of

    startfluxbox

I can run fluxbox fine by asking for a default session (it takes maybe
five or six
seconds to start up). Asking for a fluxbox session explicitly bypasses
startfluxbox,
I presume, and thus /usr/share/fluxbox/startup, and hence takes a long time
(I have yet to wait long enough to say how long it is). I'll experiment
with the
fluxbox.desktop file, maybe making it

    Exec=startfluxbox

to see whether that works.