Modem not detected

A.J. Bonnema abonnema at xs4all.nl
Tue Nov 18 03:13:46 UTC 2003

Hi,

I installed Fedora last week and it works fine, except for my external
modem (E-Tech E56RVP+). Initialy it was detected and included during
install, but at all subsequent reboots kudzu complained, that the modem
had been removed and gave me a choice to remove it. I thought removing
it would force it to re-detect the modem: alas, this is not true.

Now I am clueless how to get the modem reconnected.

I checked using Windows, the modem is connected fine, just Fedora won't
recognize it....

Guus.
--
A.J. Bonnema, Leiden The Netherlands,