FC2 AMD64 install error!
ram.kumar at induslogic.com
Tue Aug 31 06:49:34 UTC 2004
I am a newbie to Linux. 12+ years of development experience in Mac +
I have recently assembled myself an AMD 64 bit Athlon on MSI
motherboard, 512 MB Kingston RAM, 120 GB Seagate Hard Disk, Samsung
SyncMaster 793s monitor.
- I downloaded Fedora Core 2 x86 64
- When installing it does not initialize the X window system
- I tried installing in text mode, then switching to X Windows, but it
- When at text login prompt, it keeps refreshing the display in an
attempt to start X Windows system
- Gives some error related to VESA driver & says 'unable to start X
- I installed my last copy of RedHat 9, which works beautifully on the
- Checked the settings from this install for VESA driver, monitor
type, display frequency, etc... & applied to FC2 x86 64, but it still
does not start X Windows
I am zapped about what to do.
Can any expert help me here?
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the users