Good Yum Archives

Bevan C. Bennett bevan at fulcrummicro.com
Wed Feb 4 21:12:27 UTC 2004

Wayne Johnson wrote:

> Clamav aside, what are good sites to include in my yum.conf file?  The
> ones I've seen are all outside the US.  Anything local?  What are the
> must have sites?

Most of the 'unofficial alternate repository' sites are outside of the
US in order to avoid certain annoying laws and regulations that limit
things like MP3 support.

You should definately replace the default core repositories with your
choice of mirror from:

http://fedora.redhat.com/download/mirrors.html

Not only are most of the mirrors much faster, but people regularly have
update troubles due to the congestion of the main sites.