KOffice vs. OpenOffice

Bevan C. Bennett bevan at fulcrummicro.com
Thu Feb 5 20:29:43 UTC 2004

Gerrit wrote:
> Hi,
>
> are there people who have experience with both OpenOffice and KOffice,
> and prefer one over the other?

I've been extremely happy with the OpenOffice 1.1 that ships with FC1.
For my users it's been the most stable and compatible OSS office program
I've seen so far (including older versions of OO.org).  It's native PDF
and HTML support is even better than MS office's.

I especially appreciate that users are no longer individually asked to
create a personal installation on first run and dragged through a
potentially confusing wizard.