Problems booting on Laptop

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Tue Feb 10 15:30:33 UTC 2004

Am Di, den 10.02.2004 schrieb Jarrod Hermer um 15:43:
> Hi,
>
> I am having a strange problem with Core 1 on my no name laptop.
>
> Installation completed without a hitch, all devices where detected
> correctly. But when the machine rebooted Fedora refused to boot up and
> seemed to crash alternately when the firewire or PCMCIA was being
> probed/configured.
>
> I removed the "rhgb" from the entry in GRUB. This seemed to solve the
> problem as Fedora then booted. But now it refuses to boot and seems to
> be getting stuck when the PCMCIA devices are getting configured/probed.
>
> Sorry for my vague description but I am a typical MS newbie.
>
> Here are some details about the devices in the laptop gleaned from
> Microsoft.
> * PCMCIA controller: O2Micro OZ6933 CardBus
> * On board video - S3 Twister - shared memory
> * FireWire: Texas Instruments OHCO Compliant IEEE 1394 Host Controller
>
> Any guidance would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Jarrod

Does it help if you do not start the kudzu service? Testing that you can
boot by pressing "I" (lower or upper letter i) when this option appears
on your boot console. If that helps set "chkconfig --level 2345 kudzu
off"

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 1 (Yarrow) on Athlon CPU kernel 2.4.22-1.2149.nptl
Sirendipity 16:28:38 up 1 day, 19:11, load average: 0.24, 0.24, 0.21
                   [ Γνωθι σ'αυτον - gnothi seauton ]