GDM issues....

Ben Stringer ben at burbong.com
Thu Feb 12 02:59:06 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-02-12 at 13:33, D at 7@k|N& wrote:
> I’m not sure if this has come up yet or not.  I just joined the
> mailing list, so I am not privy to its history.  At any rate, I
> recently ran Up2date, and updated some packages, and after rebooting,
> gdm is all hosed.  Hosed meaning that there is no text, and it won’t
> accept input for a login.  So my questions are these:  1) where can I
> look to see what packages were recently installed?  2)  Is there a way
> to back out those packages without reloading the whole system?  3) Has
> anyone seen this before?

Hi Charlie,

A GDM update was released yesterday(ish) with details in the release
notes that may explain the problem you are seeing. The announcement is
here:

http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-announce-list/2004-February/msg00010.html

If this does not resolve the problem, you should be able backout the gdm
update by re-installing the gdm rpm on your Fedora media. You need to
tell rpm that it is okay to install and older version of gdm. Have a
look at "man rpm" for the full picture.

Cheers, Ben