Newer Palms that play MP3s and sync with Fedora?

Preston Crawford me at prestoncrawford.com
Fri Feb 13 17:31:07 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-02-13 at 09:20, Ben Steeves wrote:
> More powerful processors and capabilities (such as MP3 playing) require
> more battery life.  Ironically, the Palm with the best battery life (the

Oh, of course. That's why I also asked that question. Because I was
curious if the newer Palms were plagued by the same problems that Pocket
PC and the Zaurus lines are, with regards to battery life.

> The Zire 71, Tungsten T or T2 will sync nicely with Fedora, but the T3
> and E have a new set of conduits which (as of yet) don't work with
> Linux.
>
> OTOH, if you have a card reader, you don't need to sync to load music
> onto your handheld.

Actually, though, I use sync for more than that. I use it for AvantGo,
Calendar, Contacts, etc. Otherwise I'd just get a Jornada 720 or some
device that was completely self-sufficient.

Preston