New kernel 2.4.22-1.2713 crashes, has difficulty installing

Gilbert Sebenste sebenste at weather3.admin.niu.edu
Wed Feb 18 19:32:17 UTC 2004

Hi Dave,

> > But as it installs, I see this error:
> >
> > depmod: *** Unresolved symbols in
> > /lib/modules/2.4.22-1.2173.nptl/kernel/drivers/scsi/aacraid/aacraid.o
> > depmod:         nblank
> > depmod:         aac_adapter_check_health
>
> Arrrrgh. I'll push out 2174 with this fixed soon. For users who already
> grabbed 2173, there'll be no real changes other than the aacraid module
> being fixed.
>
> > Then, when I reboot, I get a full-fledged kernel panic. Anyone else seeing
> > this?
>
> Uh-oh. can you transcribe some of that panic please ?

Surrrrrre....

/lib/aacraid.o: unresolved symbol nblank
/lib/aacraid.o: unresolved symbol aac_adapter_check_health
ERROR: /bin/insmod exited abnormally!
Journalled Block Device driver loaded
Mounting /proc filesystem
Creating block devices
VFS: Cannot open root device "LABEL=/" or 00:00

Also...are you or someone else actively working on the kernel panic for
hyperthread machines? Bugzillillalala #109962.

E-mail: gilbert at niu.edu                                               ***