problem installing fedora 2 x86-64 on a intel xeon 64 bits

ne... akabi at speakeasy.net
Tue Jul 6 14:22:46 UTC 2004

On Jul 6, 2004 at 13:42, Jose Alberto Reguero in a soothing rage wrote:

>CPU: Intel Xeon 3.02 G 64 bits
>MOTHERBOARD: Supermicro X5SS8-GM
>They said something like that:
>cpu don't have large mode. Install 32 bit system.
And I suppose you have a problem with that. Don't despair.
The CPU you have is a 32bit chip. Therefore the x86-64 is
most definitely not for you. Now if you had an Opteron or
AMD64 bit chip, then the x86-64 distro would be for you.
We now happily welcome you back into the fold of us mere
mortals.

N.Emile...
 10:19:16  up 8 days,  3:34,  5 users,  load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00