fedora on dell precision 450 with nvidia quadro fx 1000 = no graphics

Brian Gaynor briang at pmccorp.com
Tue Jul 6 16:30:47 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-07-01 at 22:36, John McBride wrote:
> I have a dell precision workstation 450 with the quadro fx 1000 board.
> When I try to install Fedora Core 1 it will not do a graphical install.
> I can see "Fedora" on the screen, but it is huge, pixelated and
> unusable. Also I have a Knoppix CDROM (3.3en) available; when booted as
> "knoppix lang=en" it cannot go into graphical mode--again the display is
> scrambled.

I had a similar problem with a Dell Dimension/nVidia GeForce 4/flat
panel. To install I ended up using the analog interface instead of the
DVI. Once I was up and running I added the following to the "Device"
section of /etc/X11/xorg.conf:

    option "Connected Monitor" "DFP"

switched cables and restarted.

--