Greetings from Finland

Jarkko Elfving jarelf at ebaana.net
Mon Jul 12 13:48:42 UTC 2004

Hello, Fedora Community!

I'm allmost 27-years old student from Finland and totally new on Linux
(only 6 months experience for now).

First touch on Linux I made with Fedora Core 1 and had some minor
(basic) "problems" like configuring GRUB or changing the correct display
devices (the monitor and the display-card). But I got help in very short
time - thanks for that :)

Before Linux, I was used Microsoft Operation Systems (Windows
95/98/XP).  But now I try to avoid the Microsoft as much it's possible
;) (I think you all can figure out some general reasons why some
Windows-users changes their system into the Linux :D).

I've read this forum quite often about 2 months now and noticed that
there is not stupid questions - you really help each of others if they
need it.

Now I'm using Fedora Core 2 and was very happy for it - it's great,
beautiful, genious and much, much better than Windows :D No more reboots
while updating system or installing new software (except modifying or
changing the kernel).

There is still lot's of questions in several things which are wondering
in my little mind, but in time, I will figure them (hopeful) all out -
I'm still learning.

Okay, now you know who I am and where I am :) Now let's get into the
business and move on to the question-part :)

Q: In Fedora Core 1 I was using EZ-IPUPDATE -software and found very
good and simple help to congigure it to run automatically in a daemon (I
hope that I've understand the term "daemon" correctly and use it in
right position in the sentence) - but now I won't found that same help
from anywhere (in ez-ipupdate's homesite there was some forum where was
something about configuring but link in to that wasn't work some unknown
reason). And answer to that why I don't have the old configure-file is
because I have to format the whole system while I make the final change
to WinXP to FC2 (my wife is still using Windows and I've to keep it, so
I move it on it's own HDD). So... (after long description of my problem)
I strongly belive that you have quite simple answer to my "big" problem
:)

But now I got to go - my labrador retriever ask me to left out with her
it's cute, brown eyes :)

See ya!
--
Jarkko Elfving
Suomi - Finland

[UK/US] This mail has been digitally signed and you can download the
public-key from these servers from the list:

http://subkeys.pgp.net
pgp-public-keys at keys.pgp.net