Text ui configuration for Xorg with no working X?

Mark Guzzo marguz at ameritech.net
Tue Jul 13 15:38:20 UTC 2004

Hello,

I have setup FC2 for a friend of mine and at home he has a new Sony LCD
display. So when he starts FC2 it gives him sync errors.

I explained how to edit the xorg.conf by hand after a boot in the Rescue
FC2 CD. I also tried to locate the text mode ui for it but could not
locate it. If I remember correctly in RH9 there was
"redhat-config-display-tui" is there a tool like that to configure Xorg
without X? "system-config-display" only works with a working X.

It's sooo cool, This friend WAS such a Linux hater and would kiss Bill's
ass all the time. We would go back and forth at work about Linux, GPL,
OpenSource. Now I think I'm wearing him down to the point that I got him
to put FC2 on a new box at home.
Mark