Curt tone?

Jeff Vian jvian10 at charter.net
Thu Jul 15 20:55:00 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-07-15 at 12:57, Mathew Brown wrote:
> the guy calls me an idiot in more than those words for posting
> whatever wherver, and making me look like an idiot.
> I get an OBSCENE amount of e-mail in one day from this news letter,
> every question everyone asks. and i get slammed for posting that?! Did
> i say i still needed help with what you helped me with yesterday? NO I
> said i was working on that and i'd get it fixed eventually, my
> question was can and how do i install fc2 along side windows XP with
> my current configuration.
>
> the Matt fellow didn't even address my question, how can i install
> linux on this machine with windows xp on it, instad he blasts for for
> not responding to posts i've maid, well I use outlook express, so it's
> kind of hard to change thing's i've allready mailed.
>
> but if this is the smugness one gets for asking help i'd rather use
> winblows

Your choice of which OS to use ... We really don't care.

I don't think you were blasted.  Matt suggested that since you were
still continuing with a subject line that was the same as earlier posts
you should continue in the thread so those who are monitoring that
thread can easily follow.

Your tone in the reply, as already mentioned, was hostile.  If you
expect assistance you should be *grateful* for the FREE assistance and
advice given by volunteers. Nobody owes you anything in this, and it
behooves you to accept advice in the spirit given, and to listen to the
suggestions given that guide people to use techniques that are friendly,
receptive to advice, and indicate a willingness for the receiver to
learn.

In general, those who are aggressive, ungrateful, and vitriolic in their
tone are less likely to receive assistance than those who who are more
friendly in tone.

If you are so sensitive that you feel he made you look like an idiot you
really have some other problems.

Just my $.02.
cheers