Installing Fedora FC2 using FTP method.

Tin Ngo ngotin at gmail.com
Fri Jul 16 11:40:52 UTC 2004

I have downloaded FC2 DVD image and set up FTP server on a Windows
machine.  On the second machine, I am trying to install FC2 using FTP
method but keep getting error "Unable to read header list.  This may
be due to a missing file or bad media.  Press <Return> to try again."
This happened after the step where I enter the root password and click
next where the screen showed the message  "Reading Package
Informarion" .
The only option is hit <return> when it came back to "Reading Package
Informarion" follow by the error "Unable to read  ....." and the
process repeat itself.

Questions:  When installing using FTP method, the step where FC2 ask
for FTP IP and parent path.  I can not leave the Parent Path as blank
but not sure what I need to enter.  Do I need to put a '/' or a
directory name of what?
I can confirm that netwoking is OK as I can ping b/t the server and the client.

Thank you in advance.  Tino.