SAMBA+Kerberos

Ow Mun Heng Ow.Mun.Heng at wdc.com
Thu Jul 22 05:02:40 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-07-21 at 10:04, Andrew Dietz wrote:
> Is there any mechanism available that can automatically sychronize
> SAMBA NT hashes in smbpasswd with passwords in /etc/shadow?
>
> I would like to be able to use MIT Kerberos to authenticate my
> Windows users connecting to shares on our SAMBA servers...

Not sure if this is what you want.. but on my server, I sync my
smbpasswd file with /etc/shadow (or Linux's passwd file) using
pam_smbpass.

You can look up the documentation in
htmlview /usr/share/doc/samba-3.0.3/docs/htmldocs/howto/pam.html

i use pam_smbpass.so in conjunction with changepassword.cgi (google it)

I don't use kerberos nor sync with the main Windows DC

--
Ow Mun Heng
Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 on D600 1.4Ghz CPU kernel