Laptop not sending monitor signal

Robert G. (Doc) Savage dsavage at peaknet.net
Sat Jul 24 12:52:08 UTC 2004

On Sat, 2004-07-24 at 07:41, Doug Coats wrote:
> I installed FC2 on a laptop that I need to work with a video projector but
> the function key that sends the video to the projector does not work in
> X-window.
>
> Do I need configure it in some way to send the signal to the projector?

Doug,

One more thing. Most video projectors can't handle resolutions higher
than 1024x768. If you're trying to hit it with 1280x1024 or some other
resolution your projector can't handle, no amount of key tapping is
going to work.

--Doc
Robert G. (Doc) Savage, BSE(EE), CISSP, RHCE | Fairview Heights, IL
Fedora Core 1 kernel 2.4.22-1.2197.nptl on P-III/M IBM Thinkpad A22p
"Perfection is the enemy of good enough."
                         -- Admiral of the Fleet Sergei G. Gorshkov