Firmware for airo_cs module in kernel 2.6?

Matthew Saltzman mjs at ces.clemson.edu
Sun Jul 25 17:25:55 UTC 2004

I have a Cisco airo mini-pci wireless card in my laptop.  The driver for
this is airo_cs.  The old kernel 2.4 airo_cs module (an add-on, not part
of the kernel source at the time) required a major downgrade of the card's
firmware.

The driver has now been integrated into the 2.6 tree. I've scanned the
kernel source and docs, but I can't seem to figure out what firmware is
required for the current version of the driver.  I know there was some
discussion recently about upgrading this driver to support later firmware
versions, but I don't know what the current status in FC2 is (the kernel
RPM cahngelog appears to have backed out the latest version).  Anybody
know, or know where to track this?

TIA.

--
		Matthew Saltzman