point2play-1.3-2+cedega-4.0-1+FC2(2.6.6-1.435.2.3) help??

Darren Grant darren.grant at monstertech.ca
Thu Jul 29 17:28:07 UTC 2004

Scot L. Harris wrote:

>On Thu, 2004-07-29 at 12:39, Darren Grant wrote:
>

>>So in short, I can't get any games to run using point2play and cedega.
>>Has anyone successfully gotten games to run via p2p+cedega on the 2.6
>>kernel of FC2?
>>
>>I'm also using an ati radeon mobility m9 graphics card (which I have
>>setup correctly using ATI's latest proprietary driver glfx-4.3.0-3.9.0).
>>
>>I'm using the 2.6.6-1.435.2.3 kernel.
>>
>>I also have no problem running native-linux games such as UT2004 and UFO.
>>
>>Any help would be appreciated...
>>
>>-Darren
>>

>Do you have iptables running or have a firewall in front of your
>broadband connection?  From the description it sounds like it attempts
>to make a connection but then fails.  Most likely a firewall issue.

I have a broadband connection behind a firewall... however all outgoing
ports are open... and I have no trouble connecting to steam with my
credentials... getting updates/downloads for steam and mods... as well
as querying servers, etc...

As well it's not just online games I'm having trouble with...