Email question

John Arthur lists at davey.net.au
Fri Jul 30 06:49:50 UTC 2004

> what do I have to do to implement LDAP? I believe I installed
> many packages
> that included LDAP. here is what I have:
>
> openldap-2.0.27-8
> nss_ldap-202-5
> openldap-devel-2.0.27-8
> php-ldap-4.2.2-17.2

Setup your LDAP Database

and then put something like this in your sendmail.mc

define(`confLDAP_DEFAULT_SPEC',` -h localhost -b o=Company,c=au')
LDAPROUTE_DOMAIN_FILE(`/etc/mail/LDAP-Routing')
FEATURE(`ldap_routing',,,`bounce',`preserve')

in /etc/mail/LDAP-Routing I have a list of domains that use LDAP Routing

domain1.com.au
xxyye.com
zzzzz.net.uk

and thats it!  The best part is you can do ALL you authentication from the
one
centralised database.

O'Reilly have a great book 'LDAP System Administration' by Gerald Carter
that should get you up & running.

You may want to have a look at
http://sourceforge.net/projects/phpldapadmin/ it's a nice easy way to
administer your LDAP Database.