FC2 media check fails on one system

James Wilkinson james at westexe.demon.co.uk
Fri Jul 30 12:15:27 UTC 2004

RDD IT wrote:
> My first attempt to install FC2 failed during the installation of packages,
> with an error message that a particular package could not be found.  I
> rebooted, and tested the installation media -- it failed.  Stupid me, I
> should have done that before.  Burned a new CD, tested it -- failed.
> Downloaded the ISO again, checked the MD5, burned a new CD, tested it --
> failed.  Hmmm...  Pop the CD in another machine, reboot, test the media --
> PASS!  Switched out the CD-ROM drives between the two machines, so that the
> one that had passed the CD was now in my FC2-ToBe machine.  Boot up, test
> media -- fail.

Sorry: did it fail in FC2-ToBe with the CD-ROM drive that had passed it
earlier?

You've had a lot of good advice. Do remember to give your system a once-
through with memtest86, even though it was running Linux before. If a
DIMM has developed a glitch recently, this might be the first you hear
of it.

James.

--
E-mail address: james@ | I suppose if one has to go mad, slowly is the way to
westexe.demon.co.uk    | go. You wouldn't want to rush going mad, you might