Problem with Maxtor ATA card

Atrus atrus at bellsouth.net
Sun Mar 7 08:15:32 UTC 2004

Hi everyone

Ok, after a couple of days of searching google, usenet, etc. I am
offically stuck.

A little background info first:
I have 5 ide devices. hda, hdb, hdc, and hdd are on the motherboard's
IDE controler. The fifth device, hde, was a Maxtor drive hung off of an
Adaptec 1200A IDE card. Since there is only on disk connected to this
card, ther is no raid involved. This is a dual boot system where hda is
XXXindows, hdb is Fedora Core, hdc and hdd are CD-ROMS, and hde is a
shared drive between the 2 OS's.

Now everything was just peachy until the Adaptec card Bombed on me. I
had a spare Maxtor Ultra 133 card that I replaced it with. If the maxtor
card is installed, regardless of whether I have a disk attatched or not.
Fedora fails to boot. It gives a Kernel Panic: no init found. Remove the
card, Fedora Boots fine.

Help please