File size limit exceeded

Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz at simpaticus.com
Fri Mar 12 23:15:01 UTC 2004

At 14:37 3/12/2004, you wrote:
>Horacio Reyes wrote:
>
>>[...] we process a program with a 3Gb input file (AFP file),
>>then one of our programs say "File size limit exceeded"
>
>What file system do you use? Ext2 and Ext3 have a limit at about 2 GB.

BZZZT!!! Thank you for playing. Unfortunately, that answer is wrong.

The 2GB file limit was long ago eliminated in the kernel and filesystem.
The cause of the error may be memory, the program issuing the file handling
instructions, or something else. But it is *not* the ext3 filesystem.

--
Rodolfo J. Paiz
rpaiz at simpaticus.com
http://www.simpaticus.com