VS-FTPD Configuration Issue

mlists at tdbnetworks.org mlists at tdbnetworks.org
Tue May 11 17:00:16 UTC 2004

I'm currently in the process of setting up a ftp server using vs-ftpd
unfortunately I'm having a bit of a problem in that I need to pass urls to
various files to customers through a html page.

The files in question will all be under the same directory structure for
each customer however each customer will have there own account with private
and general file storage areas.

The problem is as followes if I tell a customer to access the url
ftp://ftp.bobsfilestore.com then IE attempts to connect to that host,
prompts for login details and then displays there personal file area,
however if they try and access ftp://ftp.bobsfilestore.com/file1.zip then IE
just responds with a "The page cannot be displayed" message.

If anyone is able to help me I would be most greatfull.

Regards

Richard