Upgrade from FC1 to FC2 but no SELinux enabled

Adam Stark adam.stark at bigfoot.com
Tue May 25 07:05:57 UTC 2004

Hi,
	I performed a normal upgrade of FC1 to FC2 and I booted the initial FC2
CD with "selinux" at the prompt. Through no part of the upgrade did I
see anything to do with SELinux. After the upgrade completed (which was
painless) the system rebooted, but it seems that is has no SELinux
support enabled.
	I manually created the /etc/sysconfig/selinux file with the selinux set
to permissive and rebooted the system, but still if I do the command id
-Z it fails with an error that the -Z is only applicable to a SELinux
patched kernel.
	So have I not got SELinux installed?, and if not is there any easy way
to do it without re-installing the entire system?

Thanks in advance

Adam