How to add language (font) after installation

James Wilkinson james at westexe.demon.co.uk
Wed Nov 3 13:13:28 UTC 2004

Some time ago, Justin Zhao wrote:
> During installation I only select one language(English). But now I want
> add other language(font) in order to display correctly when browser the
> website of other language.
>
> How to do this?

Install a package with suitable fonts. (Note that "language" and "fonts"
are not as closely related as you seem to think).

If you have yum configured, then
yum search font
will come up with a list of over 100 font related packages. (Not all of
them can easily be used in a browser: anything tetex-related, for
example).

For use in a browser, you might want to look at
yum search ttfont
which gives you ttfonts-zh_TW, ttfonts-ko, ttfonts-ja, and
ttfonts-zh_CN. You can install those through yum or from your install
media.

You might also want to read the font section of the release notes (for
example, at http://fedora.redhat.com/docs/release-notes/), which tells
you how to install fonts you've found elsewhere.

Let us know if you want any more help,

James.

--
E-mail address: james | Banana in disk drive error
@westexe.demon.co.uk  |