fresh install observations

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at insight.rr.com
Sun Nov 14 05:29:28 UTC 2004

Clint Harshaw wrote:
> Have a fresh install here and a handful of items are worth noting:
>
> The default Gnome login looks more "Gnomish" than it previously did. For
> example the task bar with Applications and Actions is at the top of the
> screen, while a window list appears at the bottom.
>
> Mozilla isn't among the menu items in Internet, although Mozilla-Mail is
> there. However, if the user starts mozilla from the command line, it's
> there. I wonder why it was left off the menu?

Go to usr/share/applications and find the file marked as mozilla.desktop
change the setting marked NoDisplay=true to NoDisplay=false and then
save the file. Mozilla should now be visible from the internet menu.

This is a minor item that sort of xxxxx me off a bit. It seems that this
setting reverts to true without any apparent reason. It seems that this
is an intentional step at limiting the menu ites which are worthwhile.

Sorry for the rant. I use mozilla and mozilla mail along with composer.
The push to push firefox, thunderbird and not include composer is
somewhat frustrating.

Jim

--
"Our attitude with TCP/IP is, `Hey, we'll do it, but don't make a big
system, because we can't fix it if it breaks -- nobody can.'"

"TCP/IP is OK if you've got a little informal club, and it doesn't make
any difference if it takes a while to fix it."
		-- Ken Olson, in Digital News, 1988