FC3 Seems to "Freeze" sometimes

Michael A. Peters mpeters at mac.com
Wed Nov 24 14:06:05 UTC 2004

On 11/24/2004 05:10:13 AM, Colin O'Flynn wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm having a wierd to me problem with FC3. It occasionally seems to
> stop
> responding for periods of time. I can't click on anything with the
> mouse,
> then eventually it starts responding again.
>
> Some useful information:
>
> -Using KDE
> -Using nvidia driver

I had it freeze up on me once - I'm using gnome, and the stock nv
driver.

It freezed up during xscreensaver while verifying who I was.
I did not wait for it to unfreeze, I could not get to another virtual
console - so I hard restarted.

Anyway - I booted into a different /root - and looked at both the X11
log and the messages log - and could not determine the problem. Maybe I
should have waited and seen wether it cleared itself up.