SpeedTouch 330 USB DSL kernel module

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Wed Nov 24 16:15:13 UTC 2004

Am Mi, den 24.11.2004 schrieb Bill Somerville um 15:54:

> > FC2: /etc/firmware/
> > FC3: /lib/firmware/
>
> This looks interesting, where did you get this info and does it tell you
> what the file name(s) should be?

I did a "locate firmware" on FC2 and FC3 and I googled a bit.

> > http://www.4p8.com/eric.brasseur/fc2_speedtouch_usb.html

This was also a google hit. I do not have a speedtouch modem.

> OK, but this info is about a user mode driver. Is the kernel mode driver
> that has turned up in 2.6.9 broken?

Can't answer that.

> There seems to be many different setup scripts and how-to pages for this
> modem. Plus loads of questions out there.

Often enough that means that support for Linux by the manufacturer is
not the best.

> I now have the kernel source package and find that the config option for
> the SpeedTouch driver is missing even though the source is there. So I'm
> wondering how the speedtch.ko that ships with the 2.6.9-1.6_FC2 kernel
> got there!

http://www.fedoranews.org/contributors/eric_brasseur/speedbundle/

This was written when FC1 was current.

> Bill Somerville

Certainly someone should jump to your side who has the hardware and
mastered it successfully :) Sorry for not being really helpful with
that.

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) on Athlon kernel 2.6.9-1.6_FC2smp
Serendipity 17:14:10 up 4 days, 12:01, load average: 0.28, 0.27, 0.25