USB keyx with FC2....

ysdg at free.fr ysdg at free.fr
Wed Sep 8 08:27:00 UTC 2004

thx for your time Alexander.
I had already done "tail -f /var/log/messages" before posting this request :
nothing appears when plugging or unplugging the usb key. Even if I reboot the
problem remains (the only error detection is : "modprobe: FATAL: Error running
install command for sound_slot_1" ; hence nothing concerning usbdevice)
My kernel is 2.6.8-1.521 ; I read a guy having the same problem with the same
motherboard ASUS P4P800 recompile his kernel to make it works.... As I've never
done it, I'm bit reluctant...
Do you still have wise advice to give me ?
THX