Evolution 2.0

Colin Charles linux at bytebot.net
Sat Sep 11 09:26:22 UTC 2004

On Sat, 2004-09-11 at 19:13, Eric Tanguy wrote:

> > > Hi, i would like to know when the 2.0 version will be available.
> >
> > It's already in Rawhide. It'll be out in Fedora Core 3, for sure
>
> And why not for FC2 now ??

Because GNOME 2.8 has the inclusion of Evolution 2.0. In fact, there is
no Evo 2.0 as of yet, its still in "beta", though I suspect this will be
"fixed" when GNOME 2.8 gets released

Also, since Fedora Core is at the cutting edge of development, should we
be wasting developer time on backporting Evo 2.0 for FC2, when we can
make it better for FC3?

Of course, if you or anyone else would like to take on such a task,
there's always room for such thing
Colin Charles, byte at aeon.com.my
http://www.bytebot.net/
then you win." -- Mohandas Gandhi