VmWare Workstation and 2.6.8.1 kernel

Jean-Marie Verdun vejmarie at numericable.fr
Mon Sep 27 19:48:32 UTC 2004

Hi,

I will be very surprised that it could be AMD related, I am surprised that
the AthlonXP has this issue
while the Pentium M doesn't seems to have. I will be very happy to know
which vmware version our
Pentium M user ( Craig ) test the 2.6.8.1 kernel.

I am running the 2.6.8.1 64 bits kernel version, and I was more suspecting a
32 bits compatibility issue
between the vmnet driver and the vmnet-bridge binary which is a 32 bits
binary.
The vmnet driver is "OpenSource" while the vmnet-bridge binary is not, so we
will have to get
back to vmware unfortunatly they do not provide support for demo user. So is
there a vmware user
registered into the list. Before acquiring the software I would like at
least to make it work for my target system !

Jm