Trying to install printer driver for Z55 in FC3

Ben Bullard bennybullard at comcast.net
Sun Apr 17 23:20:38 UTC 2005

[root at c-67-173-255-219 bennett]# tar xvfz CJLZ55LE-CUPS-1.0-1.TAR.GZ
lexmarkz55-CUPS-1.0-1.gz.sh
README
COPYING
[root at c-67-173-255-219 bennett]# sh lexmarkz55-CUPS-1.0-1.gz.sh
Verifying archive integrity...OK
Uncompressing Lexmark Printer Drivertrap: usage: trap [-lp] [arg
signal_spec ...]
[root at c-67-173-255-219 bennett]#

The above is pasted from terminal. These are the two command lines from
the Readme file. I understand the first is to  unzip the file. The
second command is to install the driver according to the Readme.

BUT my printer isn't working. In the printer configuration gui the Z55
driver still isn't listed. When I click on "file-print" it sends a
signal to the printer but the paper doesn't go all the way thru and
nothing prints. There are several drivers on the list that achieve the
same result.

So, either the driver isn't installed OR I don't have the driver
configured to the printer. I'm trying to use what I'm learning  from
http://www.linuxcommand.org/  but haven't made much progress. Can anyone
help?

Thanks,
Ben Bullard