waaaaaay offf topic!! grid computing project

Ezra Nugroho enugroho at spikesource.com
Thu Aug 18 23:53:08 UTC 2005

> Um. The normal "we can stop this, or you, for any reason we like"
> boilerplate is present. The legal limit is "once per 'Application'", and
> 'Application' is defined widely enough to cover your distributed
> application.
>
> Maybe they'll just ignore it. But this is legal stuff: get a lawyer.

Another suggestion: go to amazon with a proposal.
They may think that you are not doing any harm, and probably benefit
amazon in the long run.
They might give the data in a bundle, so you don't need to do any of
this loosely coupled distributed application stuff.

I'd rather you go to them rather than going behind their backs.
They want to share the data, hence the public API, but they don't want
people to abuse their resources.