regarding the fetchmail bcc issue

HaJo Schatz hajo at hajo.net
Mon Feb 7 16:49:16 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-02-07 at 18:10 +0530, Ankush Grover wrote:
> Hey everybody,
>
> We have one catchall mailbox with ISP .I have configure fetchmail +
> Postfix with virtual domains + Dovecot(Pop3).But the problem  i am
> facing is that whenever there is a mail for a user in bcc header or
> envelope that mail does not goes to the local user.

This is a known problem and discussed extensively in the fetchmail
documentation. I've tried to work around this for a long time but have
not found a universal solution to it.

As a fairly straight-forward workaround you may want to consider
dropping your catch-all mailbox and create individual, say, gmail.com
mailboxes instead. gmail allows pop3 retrieval.

Or, better yet, consider a dynamic DNS service (with backup mail-spool
in case you don't have flat-rate). That way you can host your domain and
SMTP-delivery will reach you directly...

HaJo
--
HaJo Schatz <hajo at hajo.net>
http://www.HaJo.Net