Grub install broken after kernel update

Rahul Sundaram rahulsundaram at gmail.com
Mon Feb 14 22:02:59 UTC 2005

Hi

> Actually you said :
> <QUOTE>
> >
> > grub has no reliability concerns really. your problem may not been
> > even related to it. if you think its a grub bug then file a bug
> > report.
> </QUOTE>
>
> Since it is difficult to figure out exactly what you were trying
> to say, I could only guess that the message appeared to say grub is
> not the problem.

I meant exactly what I said. grub may not be related. there are other
issues like bios settings and numbering

> Whether you agree or not, many people are having trouble with
> the way grub handles drive assignments, and is one of the
> main reasons for attrition from FC.

this list presents a skewed view since people usually only post to
talk about issues. everything will seem like a pile of bugs usually

> Did I hurt your feelings?
> I'm so sorry.

well calling my comments idiotic and then making a statement that I
should be removed is bound to do that. doesnt it?

> There are dozens of bug reports, for exactly the same problem, none
> of them have answers, and many appeared to have been closed.

you can post with the bugzilla numbers to the fedora devel list and
try engaging the developers in a discussion with your suggestions for
improvement. moving back to LILO is not really going to happen

--
Regards,
Rahul Sundaram