Video-Streaming-Server

Ferguson, Michael ferguson at BRVMLAW.COM
Thu Jan 6 21:00:59 UTC 2005

Interesting. And thanks for the answer.

I was not thinking of using tuner cards on the workstations. I was
thinking of something much simpler.
Each workstation would simply get the one channel that the server is
tuned to at that particular moment.

Are you saying that if the workstations all had tuner card on them they
could tune to any channell?
All that video flowing on the LAN??? Bandwidth problems?? No?

Thanks

-----Original Message-----
From: fedora-list-bounces at redhat.com
[mailto:fedora-list-bounces at redhat.com] On Behalf Of Les Mikesell
Sent: Thursday, January 06, 2005 3:44 PM
To: For users of Fedora Core releases
Subject: RE: Video-Streaming-Server

On Thu, 2005-01-06 at 14:36, Ferguson, Michael wrote:
> Can I butt in with a question here?
>
> Let's say I have Cable-TV (which I don't) can I use this software to
> take the cable feed and pass it back out onto my LAN so users can view

> it on their workstations?

Yes, but I'm not sure what tuner cards are compatible with what
platform/versions.  You can either pass the capture output through in
real time to a multicast or unicast feed or capture to files and replay
those later - or capture the files to a shared location that vlc can
access directly instead of using the client/server function.

--
  Les Mikesell
   les at futuresource.com