NVIDIA driver *taints* kernel???

John Wendel jwendel10 at comcast.net
Wed Jan 19 04:57:45 UTC 2005

Arthur Pemberton wrote:

> Sam Varshavchik wrote:
>
>> Michael Cobb writes:
>>
>> There are many graphics cards with reliable, open source, native x.org
>> drivers.  I suggest that you pick one, and support the vendors that
>> support open source.
>

> Out of curiousity, such as?

Checking the x.org website, I see that TDFX Voodoo cards are well
supported. They'll be getting my money next time I need a graphics card
(actually I have a Voodoo 1 in the junk box, I think I'll yank my Nvidia
card right now). The driver situation sucks, but at least Nvidia is
trying; the kernel gurus just move too fast.

Regards,

John